- CARBFAULT Phase II launched - contact Quentin Fisher (email@example.com) for details
- Paper published in Petroleum Geoscience: Cooke, A.P., Fisher, Q.J., Michie, E.A.H., Yielding, G., (2019) Permeability of carbonate fault rock: a case study from Malta. Petroleum Geoscience
- Four presentations and one poster given at the EAGE Fault and Top Seals conference in Palermo by researchers from the CARBFAULT team
- CARBFAULT Phase I sponsors meeting held in Palermo, Sicily and attended by staff from Eni, OMV, Petrobras and Wintershall
- Paper published in Journal of Structural Geology: Kaminskaite, I., Fisher, Q. J., Michie, E. A. H. (2019) Microstructure of deformation bands in high porosity carbonates. Journal of Structural Geology, 118. 61-80.
- New reports uploaded to website:-
CARBPapers providing detailed descriptions of key aspects of the project including:-
- CP1: Faults in carbonates: a review
- CP2: Atlas of known behaviour of faults in carbonate reservoirs
CARBNotes provide short reviews of key aspects of the project including:-
- CN1: Overview of the CARBFAULT project
- CN2: Summary of review of faults in carbonates
- CN3: Summary of the Atlas of known fault behaviour in carbonate reservoirs
- CN4: Data visualization and data mining
- CN5: Carbonate fault seal plugin
- CN6 Summary of key relationships from carbonate fault rock database
- CN7: Geomechanical properties of carbonates
- Carbfault researchers visit faults in microbial carbonates in Oman.
Thrusted ramp structures in dolomites of the Hajar Fromation, near Wadi al Hat.
- CARBFAULT researchers revisit key outcrops in Malta and Sicily to assess the interaction of faults with open fractures.
Cataclastic fault at San Vito Lo Capo, Sicily, Italy.
Partially cemented fracture in Lower Globigerina Limestone, Fomm ir-Rih, Malta, Maltese Islands
- CARBFAULT researchers and sponsors visit faults in Austria.
- Paper published in Journal of Structural Geology: Cooke, A.P., Fisher, Q. J., Michie, E. A.H. and Yielding, G. (2018) Investigating the controls on fault rock distribution in normal faulted shallow burial limestones, Malta, and the implications for fluid flow. Journal of Structural Geology, 114, 22-42.
Cataclastic faults and breccias within a highly fractured low porosity dolomite; near Ramsau, Austria
Deformation bands in a high porosity, peloidal limestone, St. Margarethen (Austria)